Élysée Edition Number 2 Limited 1994
Nib: Medium, decorated fully platinum plated solid 18 karat gold nib
Vernissage: A private viewing for invited guests
Élysée's second cloisonné Limited Edition is also by artist Karl Diesner and the middle of a series of three editions using art as the basis for the pen's design. Each pen was a commissioned work, and the series was called Vernissage, a French term for a private or pre-exhibition viewing of an artist's work. The edition is based on Élysée's Parthenon, their top pen line.
With this second Vernissage pen, artist Karl Diesner uses geometric forms and strong colors. The Edition Number 2 is composed of different panels of green lacquer framed by platinum plated lines and bands. Karl Diesner says the purpose of his work is to "activate our vision."
Élysée Edition Number 2 Limited Edition 1994
Where the first pen, Edition Number 1, was abstract, Edition Number 2 is an ordered theme of pure and dark blue-green elements offset by narrow and wide platinum plate lines to form banded segments of trapezoidal blocks that create a zigzag pattern down the length of the pen. This design is intended to create a sense of "cool nobility." A contrast to the brighter and warmer Edition Number 1.
This second Vernissage series edition was introduced in 1994 as Edition Number 2. The pen or multiple instruments were presented in an elaborate snap closure display package that opens like a bookcase. The fountain pen is fitted with a highly decorated fully platinum plated solid 18 karat gold nib
The Edition Number 2 Limited Edition came in individually numbered instruments in four writing modes:
- Fountain Pen, 6,000 numbered pieces - 1821
- Twist Action Ballpoint Pen, 4,000 numbered pieces - 1722
Élysée Edition Number 2 Limited Edition 1994 cap and nib detail
- Cap and barrel is cloisonné, with two shades of green, blue-green lacquer filled into cut depressions, polished smooth and then finished with platinum plating
- Platinum plated trim
- Cap band has Élysée engraved on the front, W. Germany on the back
- Edition No 2 is painted on the back of the cap
- Edition number is laser engraved on the back of the cap
- Cap top has cast Élysée logo
- Cap pulls off
- 18 karat gold platinum plated open nib with Élysée logo
- About 5 5/8 inches capped and 6 1/8 inches with the cap posted on the end of the barrel
- International type cartridge / converter filling system
- Presented in large display box
* all three sets are available as a collection. While quantities last