Nib: Fine Steel
Sheaffer Javelin: Brush Chrome plate finish with nickel plate trim Ergonomically designed, crafted with special gripping section to provide for a lifetime of comfortable writing. Filling System : Cartridge
Modern Sheaffer Ink Cartridges
- Unscrew the barrel from the grip that holds the nib. Unscrewing this part exposes the empty cartridge attached to the grip.
- Put the colorless end of the cartridge into the grip. This is done by pushing firmly the grip until it produces an audible click. This means that the cartridge already sticks to the grip.
- Screw in the barrel, and cap the pen.
- Shake the pen downward for a few times to make the ink flow down into the feed.
- Prime the newly replaced ink cartridge by rubbing a smooth napkin on the top of the nib to make the ink flow.